Sunday 26 November 2017

Wildflower Joy

It's Sweet Sunday and I am bringing you another watercolor stamp. These used to intimidate me a bit, and I struggled in the beginning with using the multi-step stamping, but I'm starting to really get the hang of it! This one only took me one try!! That's a record! This one is called "Wildflower Joy". I also used a phrase from the Freehand Border Phrase Set.


I used Ranger Ink for the black because it is waterproof. I stamp the black FIRST, then give it a few minutes to dry before I prep the paper. I prep my watercolour paper (in the Rubbernecker store) beforehand by spraying it a few times and letting it sit for a couple minutes before I stamped. Then I held the stamp down on the paper for about ten seconds before picking it up. It gives the ink time to really settle into the paper before you lift it up. I used three ink colours from Stampin' Up for this: Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, and Daffodil Delight. I put all three on the stamp at once and then spritzed it with some water a few times so the ink was wet and would give me the watercolour look we want with these stamps. 

Make sure you stop by the BLOG to check out the current challenge. It runs for one more week, so don't let time run out! There are $25 and $15 gift certificates up for grabs.

No comments:

Post a Comment