Monday 2 October 2017

Clean and Simple Challenge

CAS Challenge
Time for a new challenge at Aurora Wings and the theme is Clean and Simple. This is one of my favorite challenge themes because sometimes I hate to take away from Mitzi's images with a bunch of embellishments. Her images can be so detailed that adding any more detail feels like a disservice to her art.

Poppy Sprite
I chose Poppy Sprite for this card. I definitely spent more time colouring the image than I did designing the card. The colouring took me a few hours, the card took about 20 minutes. I matted the image on black and green and affixed it to a white card base that I embossed with a Cuttlebug damask embossing folder. The image really shines on such a simple layout. I debated adding a sentiment but decided against it in the end. I love how the red pops out on that white base. I'm really happy with how this turned out.

Pop on over to the challenge blog to enter your creation(s). You can enter up to THREE times if you use an AW image on each entry! The prizes for this challenge are: 1 (one) Artist's Choice Award Winner to be selected from entries using Aurora Wings digis ($20 GC and Badge); 1 (one)  Random Winner ($20 GC); and a TOP 3 Winners to be chosen by the DT ($10 GC and Badge). This challenge runs until October 14.

You can find Aurora Wings here:

5 comments:

  1. OMG, Brilliant coloring on Poppy Sprite, Myndi! The care you've taken is immediately evident and so beautiful and the framing is perfection. She totally pops against the white and I love the embossing which adds interest without detracting. Good call on leaving off the sentiment, because this beauty would work for so many occasions. It's a gem to have in your stash and I'm sure the recipient will swoon. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW... stunning coloring on the poppy sprite. It's amazing. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome colouring Myndi, love the white embossed background too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome colouring and love your card, fabulous design, lots of hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red and green with black and white look absolutely spectacular on your work here, Myndi! Gorgeous coloring on the Poppy Sprite. And I love the design with layers and the beautiful embossed paper. Thank you so much for this gorgeous inspiration for our CAS challenge at Aurora Wings today. Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete