Monday 5 December 2016

Winter Wonderland

Today is the start of a new challenge at Aurora Wings, and the Stella DT is challenging you to create a project with a "Winter Wonderland" theme. 


I have wanted to make a shadow box card for quite awhile. I have had my Cameo for a couple of years, and have done a pitiful job learning how to use it. This was the opportunity I needed to brush the dust off of it and put it to work! I used two Aurora Wings images for this: "Christmas Lights Sprite" and "Christmas Tree Sprite".


I used the 5x7 Reindeer Shadow Box Card by Lori Whitlock from the Silhouette store, and I simply placed my Christmas Tree Sprite over the reindeer cut out. You can't even see a hint of him, but it gave me a base to adhere the tree to. I almost trimmed the reindeer off, but realized just in time that my tree would probably be flopping around in the card if I did that. 😉 I coloured the images with Copics. I added some glossy accents and Frosted Lace Stickles to the tree. You can see the close up below: 


The wood snowflake embellishments are from South Ridge Trading, the silver glitter snowflakes are from a Martha Stewart punch using some scrap glitter paper from a previous project. I used Versa Mark and some opaque Snow embossing powder to make my wood snowflakes white.

Please stop by the Aurora Wings Challenge blog and join in with your take on our "Winter Wonderland" theme. Please check out the RULES for the challenge, and while you're on the blog, visit my fellow Stella DT member's blogs to leave them some love for their projects. 💗💗

7 comments:

  1. Oh Myndi, what a precious winter scene! Love the depth of the snowy hills and gorgeous coloring of the adorable Sprites. What a magical little world. Had to giggle a bit about learning the Silhouette. My old Cricut doesn't even accept other SVG files, and I keep thinking I'd like a Silhouette to take advantage of all that's out there, but I think I'm either too lazy (or old) to try and figure it all out. Yea you, for tackling it head on! Fabulous project! Have a wonderful holiday season. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooow.. this one is sooo adorable.. love your superb colouring on both sprite.. specially all those green strokes on the cute christmas tree sprite.. aweeesomee.. <3 xx ~RoRa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable... I just love it... wonder if santa could have a cameo in his sack for me...lol. Have a great holiday xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable, just love the little tree sprite and your colours are so bright and lush x

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a clever idea to use those two digis together, so muuch fun, love the card design as well, fabulous project made for this challenge, hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an adorable shadowbox project, Myndi! I just adore your coloring on the Christmas Tree Sprite! And the little Christmas Lights Sprite is simply the cutest in the scene together. Thank you so much for this fab inspiration for our latest challenge at Aurora Wings! Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Myndi!! This is such a sweet shadow box!! I love all the layers you created and the complete scene is amazing!! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete