Wednesday 21 September 2016

New TEW Challenge on Facebook

It's the 21st of the month and that means it's time for a new contest in The East Wind's Facebook group!! This month's theme is "Leaf Me Alone". We want you to use a TEW image with a leaf in it, or incorporate leaves into your project. I am trying to get Christmas cards done ON TIME this year, for a change, so I used 'Aurora Holly and Olive' for my card.

Aurora Holly & Olive
As I have been doing, I used a sketch from a book a friend of mine is compiling. I think it really helped me with the design of the card. I was able to use a few different papers from my new Stampin' Up This Christmas designer paper collection and the coordinating This Christmas cardstock. I also used the Holly Textured embossing folder for the small circle die cuts and for the red background mat. My embellishments are from Wild Orchid Crafts and Live & Love Crafts.

I coloured the image with Copics, using E20's for her hair. The berries are R59, R29, R27, R24. I left a little white space on them. I used two different green combos for the leaves since they are different plants. The holly is G99, G29, G17, G05. The olive is YG17, YG06, YG03.

Please drop by the Facebook group and join in on this challenge. The top prize is three free digis of your choice, plus there is a winner up prize of a 25% off coupon to the TEW Etsy store. There are also TWICE monthly challenges on the BLOG and a freebie is sent out on the first of every month in the newsletter. Look for the pink box on the blog's homepage to sign up for that.

1 comment:

  1. Such a gorgeous card, and a beautiful image. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete