Friday 25 September 2015

Avalokitesvara

Avalokitesvara is a bodhisattva who embodies the compassion of all Buddhas. It is depicted as either male or female in different cultures, and in Unky's rendition at The East Wind, she is depicted as female in today's new release image. I think she is so beautiful!


Avalokitesvara

I created a mixed media canvas because I was itching to do one, and I wanted to make something for my mom for her birthday. I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I used a small 5x7" canvas, which I coated with gesso, along with all the bits and bobs that I glued on. I used flowers, butterflies, buttons, chipboard, lace, a paper doily, and denim. Then I used Lindy Stamp Gang sprays in Victorian Bouquet and Viva Decor paint in gold. I also went around the edge of the image, which I distressed, with the gold paint.


Stop by our Facebook group to join in our challenges there, and also by the blog, which has twice monthly challenges. There are quite a few opportunities to win some free images if you join in on the contests!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you like my project! xx

1 comment: