Saturday 14 March 2015

Ppinkydolls!!

I have such an exciting announcement today! A couple weeks ago Chrishanthi at Ppinkydolls asked me to be on her Design Team!! It is always a thrill to be asked to be on someone's DT because it  means someone appreciates what you do, and that is always a great feeling. I really love her images. They are quirky and unique, and I love things that are out of the mainstream. 

There is a Facebook challenge going on right now at the Ppinkydolls Facebook page, with the theme "Spring Friends". Submit an entry made with a Ppinkydolls image that has a Ppinky girl with an animal friend. EVERYONE that enters gets a free digi after the close of the challenge.

I have two DT inspiration projects for you today. My first one is "How Beautiful".


I coloured this with Copics. The paper is from Michele R Designs digital papers in Shabby Blue Charms, the pearls, flowers, dove and lace are all from Wild Orchid Crafts; the ribbon is from Michaels.
The Copics I used are:
Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, E04
Hair - E40's
Dress - V000, V01, V02, V04, V08
I dabbed Tim Holtz distress inks in Tumbled Glass and Squeezed Lemonade around the image with a damp sea sponge.

*                               *                                   *                                *                                 *
My second project is with the image "Unicorn Leslie".


I also coloured this with Copics. The paper is again from Michele R Designs, all my embellies are from Wild Orchid Crafts. The little butterfly I made with my Cameo. I actually made an entire sheet of them out of white cardstock and I will just colour them up as needed to match my projects. This one is dyed with Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Tattered Rose. I dabbed around the image with a sea sponge using Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Tattered Rose, Tumbled Glass, and Broken China.
Copics used:
Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, E04
Hair - E50, E53, E55
Dress - B0000, B00, B02, B04, B05, B39
Unicorn - C00, C1, C3, C5 and R80's for it's mane
I really tested my art skills here and tried to draw a little cobblestone path with W7-W0 to ground the image. Drawing is not something I'm good at, but I think it turned out okay.

I hope you like how my cards turned out! Thank you for stopping by and letting me share them with you. Make sure you check out the Ppinkydolls Facebook page, and her Etsy shop for a lot more of these fabulous images.

I'm entering this in The Corrosive Challenge Our Animal Friends challenge

3 comments:

  1. A huge congrats, Myndi! I love PPinkydolls and your cards are just gorgeous! xxD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! I always feel honoured to be asked!

      Delete
  2. Hi,

    Wauw, so cute. Great job.

    hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete